Upcycled Greeting Card Bookmarks
Discover a creative twist for repurposing, recycling, and reusing greeting cards by crafting unique bookmarks with a tab top that elegantly hinges over pages. These bookmarks serve as excellent placeholders or discreet spaces for journaling, whether kept simple or adorned with embellishments, and can be crafted in no time.
- Greeting cards of your choice
- Paper to cover unwanted text or writing
- Scissors or trimmer
- Scoreboard or scoring tool
- Corner punch (optional but helpful)
- Cut your bookmarks to the desired width while preserving the fold.
- On the fold side, score at 1/2″ and gently burnish.
- Apply glue to the hinge area only, sealing your tab top securely.
- Conceal any unwanted areas on the card by adding extra paper. Opt for plain paper for additional writing space, use matching decorative paper, or employ stickers for smaller areas.
- Customize the corners using a corner punch or leave them as is.
- Embellish your bookmarks to your liking. Consider:
- Adding a hole in the tab to suspend a charm, given the sturdiness of the cards.
- Attaching labels on the tab.
- Using a decorative edge punch at the bottom of the bookmark.
- Incorporating lace for added flair.
These bookmarks are not only simple for kids to create but also offer a fantastic way to create multiples from a single card. Embrace the joy of repurposing, recycling, and reusing greeting cards with this delightful paper crafting project!